[Fedora-directory-users] rpm upgrade fails

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Mar 3 23:08:50 UTC 2006

Jo De Troy wrote:

> Hi Rich,
> that didn't work either.
> I removed the rpm without executing scripts (rpm -e --noscripts ) and
> tried to install the latest version.
> Now I get an error in the %pre scriptlet
> error: %pre(fedora-ds-1.0.2-1.RHEL4.i386 ) scriptlet failed, exit
> status 255
> error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping
> fedora-ds-1.0.2-1.RHEL4

You completely removed your old fedora-ds installation?  If so, do an rm
-rf /opt/fedora-ds, then try to reinstall (using rpm -ivh).  Or, if
there is some rpm flag you can use to turn on verbose output of pre and
post sections, try that too.  All the %pre section does is shutdown any
existing servers.  If you have removed everything, then I'm not sure
what the problem is.  Is there some way to do rpm -i --nopre or
something like that?  Unfortunately, the %post scripts are required.
You can install the server with no scripts at all, but you will have to
manually apply the patch setup/console-ld-libpath.patch.