[Fedora-directory-users] Switching off host filter in admin server - how?

Kimmo Koivisto kimmo.koivisto at surfeu.fi
Sat Mar 4 18:03:29 UTC 2006

Graham Leggett kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika Saturday 04 March 2006
18:44):

> I don't follow - I need to download the source, apply the patch in the
> above bug, then rebuild the entire thing before I have any hope of
> administering this server?
>
> Is there some kind of manual override that I can use to switch this
> behaviour off? Or alternatively if this is not possible, to require
> localhost so that I can run the admin server behind a reverse proxy
> whose access control does work properly?
Because of the bug, you have to set nsAdminAccessAddresses to something you
don't have and empty nsAdminAccessHosts. Well, there might be other ways to
do it, this worked for me.

I needed to allow administration from anywhere so made the following
definitions:
nsAdminAccessAddresses=255.255.255.255
nsAdminAccessHosts=

and restarted the admin server.