[Fedora-directory-users] SSL problem on replication!

Susan logastellus at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 27 14:43:03 UTC 2006

--- Nathan Kinder <nkinder at redhat.com> wrote:
> You can configure Console to talk LDAPS.  I was just able to disable the
> standard LDAP port on my FDS 1.0.2 install and still use Console.  You
> need to check the "Use SSL in Fedora Console" checkbox  in the
> "Configuration" tab of the Directory Server Console.

yea, I did that.  I set the port to 0 & click on "use SSL for console connections."

[root at cnyitlin02 /]# /opt/fedora-ds/slapd-cnyitlin02/restart-slapd
[27/Mar/2006:09:40:20 -0500] - Information: Non-Secure Port Disabled, server only contactable via
secure port

So far so good.  But when I restart the console, I get this:

"Cannot connect to directory server ldap://cnyitlin02:389.  Would you like to restart?"

Now, obviously that port is no longer there.  Have you not had this problem?  How do I tell the
console to go to 636 instead (I'm assuming that's what the problem is..)