[Fedora-directory-users] comment about setupssl.sh

Alex magobin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 18:55:01 UTC 2006

> I was looking through the script from the wiki and I saw this line:
>
> ../shared/bin/certutil -S -n "Server-Cert" -s
> "cn=$myhost,ou=Fedora Directory Server" .....
>
> Wouldn't it be better to change that to -n "`hostname`" or
> something like that because when you create certs for
> multiple servers, they all end up being called Server-Cert
> which causes confusion.

Ciao Susan,
after so many troubles that you know..I think that your idea is
useful....during my test I confuse it a lot of time...and I represent a
classic newbe about it.

I pinpoint that running setupssl.sh on both server after a fresh install
didn't resolve my problem...so I become doubtful about this way to generate
ssl certificate

My opinion is that Rob post could become a faq or a miniHowto

Regards

Alex