[Fedora-directory-users] FDS & Red Hat Certificate System

George Holbert gholbert at broadcom.com
Wed Mar 29 21:27:53 UTC 2006

> ...the management is a little concerned about MITM attacks against the FDS, so we need a way to
> verify that the server saying that it's our FDS really is the FDS.  Right now no certs are
> deployed on the clients, we're using them only for SSL traffic encryption.

If I'm interpreting your question right, I think you're already covered
for this as long as:
- Your client apps do server cert verification.
- Your internal CA isn't compromised.
- Your cert/key DB files on your FDS servers haven't been compromised.

You shouldn't need to sign a new certificate for every client, you just
need a copy of the CA certificate on each client.