[Fedora-directory-users] FDS & Red Hat Certificate System

Susan logastellus at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 22:08:26 UTC 2006

--- Mike Jackson <mj at sci.fi> wrote:

> > What's the best way to go about doing this?  I don't want to manually create/deploy dozens of
> > certs for various clients.  I also need a way to implement CRL somehow, in case a box is
> > comprosmised.
>
> Your clients don't need certificates, they only need a copy of your root
> CA cert - the same file for every client.

right, I think I was confused on that point.  I meant to say that I don't want to deploy the CA
cert to dozens of clients.  So, forget the CRL, then...

Because we have about 60 servers total.  Now, /etc/openldap/cacerts/ is writable by root only and
I'd have to do some serious expect/perl scripting to ssh into every machine, accept the key, su -
root, scp the CA cert, log out.  I really don't want to do this if I don't have to.

So, are you saying I can use openSSL + linux openldap client to do this automagically?