[Fedora-directory-users] gid number in posix account!

Alex aka Magobin magobin at gmail.com
Tue May 2 11:20:49 UTC 2006

hi at all,for migration of groups and users from files to Fedora DS I
used LdapImport...it exports groups,passwd and shadow files; I have all
users and groups in my DS...now I have a question:

When I create a new account, in posix tab I have to enter uid and gid
number for new user...is it possible to use name such as "mail" for gid
and is it possible to have an uid number automatically?...more or less
in the same way when you create a new account with adduser; It would be
very useful...in this way I haven't to remember last uid used and number
for that group.

thanks in advance!

Alex