[Fedora-directory-users] Solaris Client

Jim Summers jsummers at bachman.cs.ou.edu
Wed May 31 15:46:15 UTC 2006

Hello List,

I am currently in the process of switching from a Sun iPlanet ldap to FDS.
All has gone well except for my one remaining solaris client.  I was using the
Solaris Client Howto as a reference.  It mentions using netscape and browsing
to the 636 port of my server to get the necessary certs.  I did that and the
cp'd and chmod'd the files.  After running ldapclient successfully, I can not
issue a successful id command and see the following in the FDS server log files:

[31/May/2006:10:33:12 -0500] conn=129250 fd=238 slot=238 SSL connection from
129.15.55.135 to 129.15.55.33
[31/May/2006:10:33:12 -0500] conn=129250 op=-1 fd=238 closed - SSL peer cannot
verify your certificate.

Not sure what I have overlooked, or a Solaris parameter that would not require
the verification?

I built the certs using the SSL howto.  Which all is working great on my
linuxes and OS/X machines.

Ideas / Suggestions?

Many Thanks
--
Jim Summers
School of Computer Science-University of Oklahoma