[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora directory Server 7.1 with BDB/MySQL Backend

Hariharan R hariharan at lantana.tenet.res.in
Wed May 3 04:41:03 UTC 2006

Hai,
  Can any one configured Fedora Directory server7.1 (or any version) with
  MySQL as backend?

  Is there is any documentation for dong it?

  Can anyone pls advise me in this regard.I am in an urgent need of it.

Regards,
Hariharan R

Well let's see...

1. The LDBM/BDB thing is an OpenLDAP-ism. OpenLDAP created the 'BDB'
backend

as the new transacted store, leaving the older LDBM code as it was. FDS is
not OpenLDAP. It forked from the UMich code in 1995. In FDS the name of
the files is still 'ldbm' but the functionality is roughly similar to that
of the 'BDB' backend in OpenLDAP (at least

as far as having ACID properties and using transactions in BekeleyDB
goes).
So you need do absolutely nothing to get 'BDB'.

2. There is no SQL back end for FDS at present. So to change to a MySQL
backend database you'd need to write code.

  Fedora DS 7.1 by default supports LDBM database as a backend data store.

  I want to change the backend database to BDB or MySQL.

How i can make the Fedora DS 7.1 to interface with BDB or MySQL database?

---
Hariharan.R