[Fedora-directory-users] cleartext password

Mikael Kermorgant mikael.kermorgant at gmail.com
Fri May 5 14:40:58 UTC 2006

> Yes there is. It might be useful to know more about what you are
> trying to achieve, because there are a few ways to skin this cat.

My goal is to create a "welcome" letter for each new student with
account informations.
Being able to create a mailing from a source like a spreadsheet or a
database is what I'm looking for.

> But to start, there is a magic attribute added to the entry during
> processing
> inside the server that holds the un-hashed password value (for
> operations that modify or add the password attribute). This is used
> for example to propagate cleartext password values in replication
> and for Windows sync. You can pick up that attribute in a plugin
> and salt it away somewhere.

That's good and bad news for me !
Good news is it's possible, bad news is that writing a plugin is
something too complicated for my computing skills :(
Still any hope for my situation ?

Thanks,
--
Mikael Kermorgant