[Fedora-directory-users] Add/Change/Delete values in another attribute

Michael.Sangrey at highmark.com Michael.Sangrey at highmark.com
Thu May 11 17:52:05 UTC 2006

fedora-directory-users-bounces at redhat.com wrote on 05/11/2006 12:55:56 PM:

> Michael.Sangrey at highmark.com wrote:
> >
> > I apologize if this is a frequently asked question (I checked and
> > scanned LOTs of documents), but...
> >
> > Is there a way to add/change/delete one attribute when another
> > attribute is added/changed/deleted?
> You mean, like a trigger in the RDBMS world?  You could write a post-op
> plug-in, but I don't think that's the answer you're looking for.

I think you're right; I'd like something simpler.  But, it might be what
it is.  Has anyone on list written a post-op that deals with
add/change/modify to a multi-valued attribute value when another attribute
value changes?  Would you be willing to share the code?

> > The real question is a little more complicated.  The idea is to
> > add/change/delete a 'memberOf' (a group) attribute for a uid when the
> > uid is added/changed/deleted to a 'group'.

> You might want to investigate the Roles
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/roles.html#1115402

The apps are already in place. If I understand roles correctly, it appears
the apps would have to be changed to make use of 'roles'.

> and Class of Service
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/roles.html#1115605
> features.

This looked very interesting.  However, Class of Service precludes
multi-valued attributes.  If a person is in multiple groups, then
'memberOf' would be multi-valued, right?