[Fedora-directory-users] fedora-ds-1.0.2-1 Server Group Administration Server Unable to Configure

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon May 15 13:40:50 UTC 2006

foo foo wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> This is a new install on FC5 - nothing imported. The problem is that
> in the console, the Administration Server Icon is blank. There is no
> "Configuration Tab".
> Also, until I created a new instance of the Directory Server, that
> icon was blank also. It now appears in the console, but I am unable to
> open it. This is hard to describe, but basically I can't configure any
> of the server attributes from the console.  A direct connection to the
> web page (ie firefox http://localhost:19939) allows browsing and
> editing. The java admin console appears to be somehow unuseable. Any
> thoughts would be appreciated.
> BTW, when I startconsole and login:
>  [Sun May 14 16:17:09 2006] [notice] Apache/2.2 configured -- resuming
> normal operations
>  [Sun May 14 16:17:48 2006] [notice] [client 127.0.0.1
> <http://127.0.0.1>] admserv_check_authz(): passing
> [/admin-serv/authenticate] to the userauth handler
>
> So that looks OK.
The console is not really usable with the java that's included with
FC5.  You will need to download and install either the Sun or IBM JRE.
See http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:JavaOnFedoraCore and
http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Install_Guide#Java_is_required_for_the_console
for more information.