[Fedora-directory-users] migration linux users, groups, hosts to fedora directory

Steve Strong strong.s at crwash.org
Wed May 17 20:38:00 UTC 2006

good suggestions, but i'm still having trouble:

the logs reported errors adding users because of "no such object"

so, i removed fedora directory and re-installed it, ran the setup script
and then tried using LdapImport.pl to migrate the users.  All of the
users, including all of their information was added (linux uid, gid and
md5 hashed password, etc.), but they are in the UserPreferences ou in
NetscapeRoot (that's the default) and all of the groups got added to the
TopologyManagement ou in NetscapeRoot.  The Groups and People ou's in my
ou are empty and I can't search Users and Groups to find any of them and
I can't use LDAP to authenticate at a client.
steve

--
Steve Strong
Math and Computer Science