[Fedora-directory-users] adding users

Oscar A. Valdez oscar.valdez at duraflex-politex.com
Fri May 19 22:09:02 UTC 2006

El vie, 19-05-2006 a las 13:33 -0500, Steve Strong escribió:
> how about writing a shell script to add the user to the unix side and
> then copy the associated information (including the new group) into
> fedora directory?  is there some way to create an ldif file
> programatically and then use ldapadd?  has anyone done this already?

I don't add the user to the unix side. I have a script that creates an
ldif file for new users, then just upload it into the DS with the
ldapmodify command:

dn: uid=jdoe,ou=People,dc=duraflex,dc=com,dc=sv
changetype: add
uid: oswaldof
cn: John Doe
givenName: John
sn: Doe
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: account
objectClass: shadowAccount
userPassword: {crypt}$1$PTSfaHrm$lo4r6RXB9rBB15SPX1e.O1
shadowLastChange: 13246
shadowMax: 99999
shadowWarning: 7
loginShell: /bin/bash