[Fedora-directory-users] Command Line Question - RegardingAdminPasswords

Joe Sheehan triswimjoe at hotmail.com
Mon May 22 15:08:17 UTC 2006

Thanks - that's what I thought but I went to the -f option -
Now the problem is my directory manager password isn't changing
using the ldapmodify but my admin password using ldapmodify works great.

Using the command below ldapmodify comes back with complete but
the password still hasn't changed - double checking the command I'm using

ldapmodify -h <DS hostname> -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w <password> -f
/tmp/joe

/tmp/joe
dn: cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: nsslapd-rootpw
nsslapd-rootpw: <newpassword>

Thanks Again for the Help - Much appreciated.

Joe