[Fedora-directory-users] consumer replica without update referrals?

George Holbert gholbert at broadcom.com
Mon May 22 22:06:15 UTC 2006

I'd like to set up a read-only consumer that never returns referrals to
a writable master server.  Basically, any write requests that aren't
replication updates would just be dropped.

It doesn't look like there is an analogous setting for this in the
suffix-level "nsslapd-state" variable.  The closest thing is "referral
on update" (default consumer behavior).
Then there is the "nsslapd-readonly" attribute, but I think this would
also disable updates from the master replica.

One way would be to set a bogus suffix referral, so that client updates
are referred to a non-existent server.  Does anyone have a more elegant
solution?

Thank you!
-- George