[Fedora-directory-users] password aging

Steve Strong strong.s at crwash.org
Thu May 25 14:56:56 UTC 2006

I'm having some trouble with students who use my lab being forced to
change their password every time they log in.  I should say that to
create the user accounts in fedora directory, I used LdapImport and used
/etc/passwd and /etc/shadow to create the new accounts.  In addition,
we've been using NIS to authenticate prior to the import of user
accounts, so there probably was some difference in passwords.  I thought
that they could change their password and that the aging of the password
would be updated correctly, but this doesn't seem to be happening.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
steve

--
Steve Strong