[Fedora-directory-users] Re: password policy on FDS 1.0.2 - doesn't seem to work?

Philip Kime pkime at Shopzilla.com
Wed Nov 15 18:48:33 UTC 2006

> Yes, I'm referring to the "Configuration->Data->Passwords" tab.  On
this panel, you
> should have both the "Enable fine-grained password policy"
> and "Check password syntax" options checked.

Yes, they are both checked. And when I check the same boxes on a user or
OU and make the settings more restrictive than the global settings, the
more restrictive settings are ignored and only the global settings are
enforced. For example, if I set the minimum digits required to 2
globally and 3 locally on an OU or user, I can enter passwords with 2
digits without problems, but not with 1 digit.

PK