[Fedora-directory-users] Replication credentials issue

Kyle Tucker kylet at panix.com
Sat Nov 25 13:58:39 UTC 2006

> I stopped the service, edited the password in clear in userPassword
> field, reinput the password on the master and same errors. The error
> from the initialize consumer action is:

For grins, I stopped the master as well, edited its dse.ldif and
changed it to clear (it was in DES method) and voila - it all took
off and synched up. I checked my working test master and consumer
and they were in DES and SSHA respectively, again always working
from the onset. I'll leave it to the developers to take anything from
this. Thanks for the pointer to dse.ldif.

--
- Kyle