[Fedora-directory-users] Replication errors: "Incremental Update Failed"

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Wed Oct 4 19:03:25 UTC 2006

I have four machines in an MMR setup.  One recently died (got
accidentally unplugged; d'oh!).  When I started it back up, it
recovered the database and then dumped errors like the following in
the errors log:

[04/Oct/2006:13:59:03 -0500] NSMMReplicationPlugin -
agmt="cn="Replication to zeppo.nebrwesleyan.edu"" (zeppo:389): Missing
data encountered
[04/Oct/2006:13:59:04 -0500] NSMMReplicationPlugin -
agmt="cn="Replication to zeppo.nebrwesleyan.edu"" (zeppo:389):
Incremental update failed and requires administrator action

The only info I found on this via Google was for Sun DS, and it just
recommended updating to the latest hotfix.  Obviously not terribly
helpful.

Anyhow have any ideas how I might fix this, short of re-initializing
my directory on this machine?  Thanks!

I'm running:

Name        : fedora-ds                    Relocations: /opt/fedora-ds
Version     : 1.0.2                             Vendor: (none)
Release     : 1.RHEL4                       Build Date: Wed 01 Mar 2006 01:21:46 PM CST

I used the mmr.pl script to set up replication, and it's been running
fine for about 9 months now.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University