[Fedora-directory-users] Replication errors: "Incremental Update Failed"

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Thu Oct 5 12:30:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Richard Megginson wrote:

> There is a very small window of time between when the update is written to the
> main database and when it is written to the changelog database.  If you kill
> the power during this window, the changelog db will be out of sync with the
> main database.  The only solution is to reinit the server which has this
> problem.

Thanks.  Next question: what's the best (quickest, easiest) way to
reinitialize the server?  I can think of a few ways (e.g., reinstall),
but can't shake the feeling that there must be a better way.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University