[Fedora-directory-users] Delete an nsPwPolicyContainer?

Justin Crawford Justin.Crawford at cusys.edu
Thu Oct 5 17:51:40 UTC 2006

Howdy,

Is it possible to manually delete this entry using command-line LDAP
tools?

dn: cn=nsPwPolicyContainer,ou=the_ou,dc=our,dc=domain
objectClass: nsContainer
objectClass: top
cn: nsPwPolicyContainer
pwdpolicysubentry:
cn="cn=nsPwPolicyEntry,ou=the_ou,dc=our,dc=domain",cn=nsPwPolicyContaine
r,ou=the_ou,dc=our,dc=domain

When I try to delete it with ldapdelete, the error indicates that the
entry contains other entries:

$ ldapdelete ... cn=nspwpolicycontainer,ou=the_ou,dc=our,dc=domain
Delete Result: Operation not allowed on non-leaf (66)

Furthermore, when I view it in the console, it _appears_ to contain
other entries (cn=nsPwPolicyEntry and cn=nsPwTemplateEntry).  However,
it doesn't appear to contain other entries when I search from the
command line.  How do I get at its subtree, if indeed it has a real
subtree?

TIA,

Justin Crawford
justin.crawford at cusys.edu