[Fedora-directory-users] Need Pointers For Migrating To FDS from NIS

Vadim Pushkin wiskbroom at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 10 13:33:06 UTC 2006

Hello All;

My current environment is using NIS (not NIS+) on Sparc Solaris 8/10 and x86
Linux, with a separate AD structure.  My goal is to migrate my Solaris and
Linux machines onto the AD structure for user, group, hosts, networks and
netgroups map use (perhaps other maps later).

My questions are:

1.  Am I correct in believing that Fedora Dir Server is able to allow me to
auth to my AD DC's?  Or does FDS only perform as a conduit to the AD
structure, either fine by me.

2.  What and where do I change to aloow this on my pam.conf on my Solaris
and Linux servers?

3.  Where do I get the PAM modules to allow this to work?

4. What additional software must I run on my RH/FC FDS server?  Should I, or
can I, run two servers in case one fails?

5.  Finally, does anyone have any written docs or a site that can help me?

Thanks very much in advance,

.vadim