[Fedora-directory-users] How do I allow a certain admin user to administrate a directory?

Stefan Högdahl stefan.hogdahl at multifi.net
Wed Oct 11 12:42:01 UTC 2006

Hi.

I'm trying to to configure fds102 so that it will allow a certain user to administrate a directory, but I cannot get it to work. I can bind anonymously and do searches from anywhere, but I cannot bind with any of the names I've specified during setup so that I would be able to modify, create and delete reccords from the directory. If I want to administrate anything, I have to use the admin-console that ships with fds.

What should I do in order to grant full-administration privilegies for a certain user to the directory? I've tried to add users through the the "Set access permissions..." administration process, but when I try to search for a certain user from a specific directory no results are returned.

Feedback and tips will be greatly appreciated :)

With best regards,
/Stefan Hogdahl.