[Fedora-directory-users] Command-line Consumer Initialization

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Wed Oct 11 14:56:34 UTC 2006

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Kimmo Koivisto wrote:
>Hello Mike
>
>I have used your mmr.pl script to deploy about 10 multimaster replicated FDS
>installations, it always worked fine. Those deployments have had two servers
>and I know that in near future I need to deploy four-way mmr.
>
>Your script's has the following options:
>	 --host1       FQDN of host 1
>        --host2       FQDN of host 2
>        --host1_id    Replication ID number of host 1
>        --host2_id    Replication ID number of host 2
>
>When deploying four-way mmr, is it possible to define options --host3
>and --host4 (and _id) options or how one should initialize four-way mmr?
>
>Best Regards
>Kimmo

You'll want to set up two-way replication agreements between each pair
of hosts in your setup.  So if you had A, B, C, and D, you'd set up
agreements between A-B, A-C, A-D, B-C, B-D, and C-D.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University