[Fedora-directory-users] getent group not working WindowsSync

Jeff Gamsby JFGamsby at lbl.gov
Wed Oct 25 19:05:31 UTC 2006

I have setup WindowsSync which works fine, but it seems that in order for LDAP groups to sync they must live in ou=People. This works fine on the Windows side, but not on the Linux side. 'getent group' only returns local groups. I am thinking that I can add an entry to /etc/ldap.conf to fix this but when I change nss_base_group ou=People, it doesn't work. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, is this the right way to do this?

Thanks,

Jeff G.