[Fedora-directory-users] Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH question

Philip Kime pkime at Shopzilla.com
Wed Sep 6 01:05:51 UTC 2006

> Weird.  I just installed that rpm on a rhel4 x86_64 system and I got
> totally different numbers from what you reported in your earlier
email,
> quoted below:

Sorry, me being stupid. I had followed the instructions here:

http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:WindowsConsole

For getting the console up with SSL but had looked on the ftp server the
for the relevant Linux libs. Turns out that the jss3.3 on there is older
than the included one. Once I grabbed the original again, the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH worked. However, when I put the right libjss3.so in, I
can't start the console in X any more:

./startconsole -a https://ldapserver:38900/
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/opt/fedora-ds/lib/li
bjss3.so: /opt/fedora-ds/lib/libjss3.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such
 file or directory

It can't load itself? Ldd output looks fine now.

So now my question is - which version is the libjss3 that comes with
1.0.2? And if I need to get X consoles working over SSL again, what
version of the jss jar do I need? I seem to have a choice between a
broken libjss3 which makes X consoles work and the right one, which
doesn't ...