[Fedora-directory-users] Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH question - SOLVED

Philip Kime pkime at Shopzilla.com
Wed Sep 6 02:49:57 UTC 2006

Groan. I have solved the problem. It was a combination of things. I
didn't realise that FDS would do SSL console connections in X out of the
box. There is no need to get any other bits of Java and libs. The
version of JSS that comes with 1.0.2 is 3.7, which is fine. Once I'd
fixed that and reverted to the out of the box JSS .jar and lib, the
error was

./startconsole -a https://ldapserver:38900/ Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/fedora-ds/lib/li
bjss3.so: /opt/fedora-ds/lib/libjss3.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such  file or directory

This is typically because you are using a 32-bit Java and trying to load
a 64-bit library. As RM has said on other threads, just run "file" on
the lib and on the java binary and if the Java is 32-bit but the library
is 64-bit, that's the problem. That was exactly my problem. I downloaded
Java originally without scrolling a little bit further down to find the
x64 JDK ... when I swapped Java to a 64-bit version, it all worked fine.

Many thanks for the help, even though I was just being stupid ...

PK