[Fedora-directory-users] How to make anonymous SASL work?

devel - Fashion Content devel at fashioncontent.com
Sun Sep 17 12:24:26 UTC 2006

I seem quite stuck on getting the first step of setting up mail authentication.

I have a running directory and Cyrus-SASL installed, but I can't get the two to communicate properly.

For now I think anonymous access is fine as they are on the same server.

I tried ldapsearch, but it seems to fail quite basicly:

[root at langham ~]# ldapsearch -D "cn=admin" -w fidelio77 -b "fashioncontent.com" cn=hvendelbo
SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method (-6)
        additional info: SASL(-4): no mechanism available:
[root at langham ~]# ldapsearch -X -Y
SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method (-6)
        additional info: SASL(-4): no mechanism available:

As I understand the message I need to configure some protocol on the server, but I have no idea where or how??

Henrik