[Fedora-directory-users] Simple SASL configuration

devel - Fashion Content devel at fashioncontent.com
Mon Sep 18 17:27:40 UTC 2006

>From: "Noriko Hosoi" <nhosoi at redhat.com>

>> How do I configure the directory to work with SASL? Any descriptions
>> somewhere, I noticed several comments
>> on the list hinting that I have missed some existing documentation
>> besides the manuals and googling.
>Did you have a chance to see these docs?
>http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/ssl.html#996824
> http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:Kerberos

Interesting, but isn't it more prudent to get the simplest configuration
working first.

Or is getting cyrus-sasl to work difficult?

I currently see a potential conflict between open ldap client + cyrus-sasl
vs Fedora ldap + sasl.

I'm not sure to what extent there actually is a conflict, but it's
definately confusing.

Henrik