[Fedora-directory-users] Confusion over admserv_host_ip_checkmessage

Dave Della Costa dellacod at newschool.edu
Tue Sep 26 15:25:38 UTC 2006

Sorry, I'm such a noob at LDAP...I need to do some more reading.

I'm following David Bogen's instructions and executing the commands from
the section he gave (which is what I was trying before as well).  It
looks like this:

server bin # ./ldapmodify -D "cn=directory manager" -w password
dn: some.server.com
changetype: modify
replace: nsAdminAccessHosts nsAdminAccessAddresses
nsAdminAccessHosts:
nsAdminAccessAddresses: 224.0.0.0

modifying entry fortress.parsons.edu
ldap_modify: No such object

server bin #

I thought I was set up, but I guess not?  RTFM would be an appropriate
response, if you don't mind pointing me in the direction of a good doc...

Thanks!

Dave