[Fedora-directory-users] [HELP] creating partition by command line

Gordon Messmer gmessmer at u.washington.edu
Thu Sep 28 20:04:35 UTC 2006

Jorge Santos wrote:

> It is a Distributed Topology and I get more information about
> distributed data by using suffix in this site:
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/deploy/7.1/referral.html#1000217

OK, it's starting to become more clear.  Now: *why* are you trying to
create a distributed topology?  Are you trying to allow management of
the sub-suffix by a different group?  Are you trying to establish a
proxy?  Are you trying to replicate the database for better performance,
or higher availability?