[Fedora-directory-users] PassSync and SSL

Kris S. Amundson krisa at opensourcery.com
Thu Apr 5 23:05:58 UTC 2007

Dennis Crissman wrote:
> I have just one other question then. Since SSL is required, is a CA also
> required? Or can I go without one?

A CA is required.  For self-signed certs you're going to need a CA cert
on the FDS side and the Windows side (Certificate Services).

I'm working on this very same setup, and I have successfully got it working.

If you wait a month or two I hope to have a howtoforge document created
on all the steps.

The RedHat docs are fine for everything but the Windows side.  Enabling
certificate services, creating the enterprise root cert, exporting the
server cert, and importing into FDS (and then importing the FDS server
cert into Windows).

--
Kris S. Amundson
Founder, CIO                   GPG Key: D6D39F2C