[Fedora-directory-users] ldap and certificate

Paolo Ercolani paolo.ercolani at postel.it
Mon Apr 16 16:08:56 UTC 2007

I want my linux box logging in using ldap on ssl with self-signed
certificate. I read a lot of documents, but i can't get over a problem.

I created my own CA on my ldap server and i'm signing my certificates.
Then i requested a certificate for my client using fedora directory
browser, manage certificate's option.  I signed it with my CA and then i
put it on my client. I installed my CA in DS using the gui.
My DS seems to recognize, now, my certificate. Infact, it doesn't tell
me anymore he doesn't recognize peer. It seems to go, on server side. I
increased log level on client and now i can see these messages:

TLS certificate verification: Error, self signed certificate in
certificate chain
TLS certificate verification: Error, invalid CA certificate
TLS certificate verification: Error, unsupported certificate purpose
TLS: unable to get peer certificate.
request done: ld 0x83f2ee0 msgid 1

I don't know what it is and i wanna tell you i used the howto on fedora
directory server's site for making and importing the self signed
certificate, but maybe i don't understand something....

Can anyone help me with this please??

Thanks in advance.
Paolo