[Fedora-directory-users] Problem with Admin Console failover using FedoraDS

Kyley Engle kyley_engle at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 21:16:14 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am having problems with the admin-serv when doing failure testing in my
multi-master environmnet.

What I have:

2 masters replicating the userRoot and NetscapeRoot directories
various hub and consumer/search servers

When I installed the instances on each of these servers, i pointed them at
one of the masters, let's call it primary-master, for it's configuration
directory. when both masters are up and running, i can connect my admin
consoel to either directory and manage my fleet of servers

While doing failure mode testing, I discovered that if the primary-master
was turned off, that the secondary master admin-serv would not start
properly. it gives the following in /opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/logs/error:

[Tue Apr 24 20:37:36 2007] [crit] mod_admserv_post_config(): unable to build
user/group LDAP server info: unable to set User/Group baseDN
Configuration Failed

I followed the instructions found here:
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:AdminServerLDAPMgmt#How_to_change_the_user.2Fgroup_LDAP_server

to change the admin server running on secondary-master to point to itself
instead of to the primary master. this did not resolve the issue.

Has anyone out there gotten the configuration directory successfully working
in a failover capacity in a multi-master environment?

ke