[Fedora-directory-users] Does fedora-ds server need to be a DNS server too?

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Tue Aug 7 15:21:59 UTC 2007

Xavier Toth wrote:
> Maybe this is old, maybe I've misunderstood?
>
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=98414

Well, that isn't an 'official' FDS document, but reading it I suspect the
author wanted to tell you how to install a DNS server, assuming perhaps
that you wouldn't already have one or perhaps trying to emulate Microsoft
Windows Server install process (which also likes to have you install DNS and
LDAP at the same time).  The document nowhere actually says that you
_need_ to have the DNS server on the same box, and of course you don't.