[Fedora-directory-users] fedora directory server and sun directory server

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Wed Aug 8 00:11:14 UTC 2007

Aaron Bliss wrote:
> We are currently running sun directory server, however I don't
> particularly care for it too much....I'm thinking about possibly
> migrating to fds (I've used fds extensively at my previous job)...Does
> anyone know if it's possible to setup replication between a sun
> directory server supplier and fds consumer?  Thanks for your help.
Yes it is, the two are compatible at the replication protocol level.
There's code in FDS to detect that it's talking to a 'downlevel' server
(and I suspect, the same kind of code in SunDS too), and they will
speak the protocol that they both used the last time they were one
and the same product.

However, if you're looking for a 'take it to the bank, you can sue me
if it ever breaks' type of guarantee, then please ignore what I just said.
But yes, it works, or at least it did fairly recently.