[Fedora-directory-users] Groups

Ted X Toth txtoth at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 14:36:57 UTC 2007

Maybe this isn't the right place to ask this but ... I've set up
fedora-ds in order to do network logins via ldap. I've configured ssh to
use pam_mkhomedir and pam_ldap. I used a copy of Example.ldif changed
the root dn and configuring my users and imported it. I used the console
to make my users posix users adding their uid and gid. When I ssh into
the box as a user not configured on the box the user home dir and
contents specified in /etc/skel are created but the gid is a numeric
value as the group doesn't exist on the box. Do I need to create the
groups of network logins on all the client boxes? I don't see a way to
associate a gid with a group in fedora-ds. What's the right way top
handle this?