[Fedora-directory-users] GID missing? Probably minor but strange problem

Mark Hutchinson markhsa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 21:38:53 UTC 2007

Fresh install of FDS 1.4.
I am using the default ( option 2 typical install ) dc=mydomain,dc=com
install.
I can add users with no problems, and configure clients ( other linux
boxes ) to authenticate against this LDAP server.

One problem though, If I create a user, with posix, specify a new uid
and gid, all is well except on login, the group is not created.

So, I go to add the group, I can add the group name, but there is no
place to specify the GID.
What am I missing?

Right click, add user is file with all posix, then do the same on group,
but no area to specify the numeric GID.

Assistance greatly appreciated.