[Fedora-directory-users] Configure Directory server from console

Andrew C. Dingman andrew at dingman.org
Fri Dec 28 19:12:34 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 10:30 -0400, kiran madala wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a documentation describing how to configure the fedora
> directory server along with Active Directory service synchronization
> from the console?. I have centos with out GUI and i cannto get to
> install GUI
> Thanks.

I think there's something on the wiki, but I don't remember exactly
where at the moment. As a work-around, you might try using X forwarding
with SSH, so you can use the GUI even though there's no X server on your
CentOS box. You shouldn't need to add much more than the xorg-x11-xauth
package to your server for that to work.

Yet another option would be to install the GUI on another machine and
point it at your FDS server. If you're going to do that, make sure you
set up SSL first, since the console will otherwise send all its traffic
to the admin server in plaintext.