[Fedora-directory-users] FDS and AD integration troubles

Paolo Barbato paolo.barbato at igi.cnr.it
Sat Dec 1 09:43:22 UTC 2007

FDS 10.4 on RH Enterprise 4.5 , AD on W2003 sp2.
SSL active on both side with server certificates from same CA (openSSL).
PassSync and Replication Directory Agreement configured on SSL.

I like to share my experience just to figure out if FDS and AD could
be integrated in real life scenario.
Basically I would be able to keep in sync password and use FDS (or AD)
as a common place to manage password expiration.

Password Sync.

Since now following FDS wiki and other (few) source in Internet I has
been able to keep in sync password as follows:

password changed on AD is properly replicated on FDS
password changed on FDS  (console) is properly replicated on AD
password changed on Linux (via LdapPam) is not replicated on AD. I
suspect some encoding issues, since logs seem OK.

Anybody is facing or confirm this behaviour ?

Password expiration (a must for me)

Is it possible to manage password expiration from FDS (via Managed
Password Policy for Users...right click on config/pulgins) to apply
both for AD and Linux LdapPam athenticated users? How should I manage
this ?

Second question. If activated send warning check box, how are users
notified ?

Account expiration

It seems that account disabling action is not replicated from FDS to
AD neither from AD to FDS. Is this correct?

Regards,
Paolo.

Paolo Barbato               email: mailto:paolo.barbato at igi.cnr.it
Network Administrator   phone: (39-049)-829-5097
                                             (39-049)-829-5000
Corso Stati Uniti,4            www: http://www.igi.cnr.it
35127 Camin-Padova       PGP: http://www.igi.cnr.it/wwwpgp/rfx_paolo_barbato.pgp
ITALY                      JabberID: rfx_paolo_barbato at messenger.efda.org