[Fedora-directory-users] Floating poing exception in Fedora DS installation

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 16:55:21 UTC 2007

Ratnakar Sagare wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to install Fedora DS 1.0.4-1 on RHEL 4 system. I have
> installed the RPM for it. While running the setup it gives following
> error on my system.
>
> I have installed jre 1.5.0 also.
>

> ./setup: line 520: 15606 Floating point exception./ns-config -f
> $inffile -l $logfile -m $installmode $doreconfig
>
> ERROR Exiting . . .
>
> Log file is /tmp/logi15532
>

> Can you please help me out in this?

I just tried to reproduce this on a clean RHEL4 i386 system with the
latest updates.  It worked fine.

Do you get this error right away, or do you see the dialog box that asks
you if you want to use an existing configuration DS?

Do you have the packages ncurses and libtermcap installed?

One thing you could try is to use strace to see what the program is
doing.  Line 520 doesn't look like the correct line, but just above that
are the calls to ns-config.  You could change those lines to something
like "strace -o /tmp/trace.out ./ns-config ...."