[Fedora-directory-users] multi-master limit

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 16:53:00 UTC 2007

Jason Beavers wrote:
> Good to hear.  The actual directory will likely be small in size
> (number of objects).
Also important to keep in mind is your update rate - avg. updates per
minute, max. updates per minute.
> So it sounds like as long as we manage the number of agreements (2-3)
> per node then we may be okay.
>
> Another quick question, I assume there is a programatic call that can
> be made to trigger replication push for a supplier.  True?
In Fedora DS, replication is supplier initiated, and will update as soon
as possible by default.  That is, as soon as the supplier receives the
change, it will send it to the consumer.  There are also programmatic
ways to do it, but you usually don't need to.