[Fedora-directory-users] Looking for documentation to setupOSX to FDS.

John Call johnsimcall at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 21:06:45 UTC 2007

Aloha Steve, and FDS list,

I hope this doesn't take away from Steve's thread.  I also
authenticate Mac OS X clients to FDS.  I had a real bad time trying to
figure out why the Mac clients would not authenticate while, at the
same time, all other clients and applications could.  Eventually my
team discovered that an encryption library (cyrus-sasl???) was causing
the problem.  Oh, and by the way, we are using Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 4.  The problem was solved when we removed the libraries from
the system.  In actuality we simply moved them from their default
installation location to the /root directory.  With the libraries not
being found, our Mac clients could authenticate.  Here is a listing of
the files I've moved... (pleas see below)

Here is a real question.  I've forgotten the exact reason why Mac
clients could not authenticate with these files in their defined
locations.  Could somebody on the list please re-explain this to me so
that I can document it properly in my KB/KMS?

Thanks,
John

/root/sasl2
/root/sasl2/libanonymous.so