[Fedora-directory-users] single master replication: error

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 15:25:38 UTC 2007

Elisa Pellegrini wrote:
> Hi!
> I try to configure single master replication. I have this error in the
> supplier:
> simple bind failed, ldap sdk error 91,netscape portable runtime error
> -5961 (tcp connection reset by peer).
> What is the problem?
It means the supplier could not open a connection to the consumer.

> I configure the consumer and the suppliers as it's explain in
> administation's guide.
>
> In replication agreement wizard ask me to use ssl (is necessary to
> clic next, why?).
> Is necessary to enable ssl in both supplier than consumer server? (in
> config-encryption tab?)
No, it is not necessary to enable ssl for replication.  I recommend
getting replication working first, then enable TLS/SSL if you need it.
> or is enable through the wizard?
No, the replication wizard cannot perform all of the steps necessary to
enable TLS/SSL for the server.  However, if the server is already set up
to use TLS/SSL, you can check the box in the replication wizard to
enable replication using TLS/SSL.
> If I use simple auth. in bind dn is necessary to specify
> cn=replication manager,cn=config (create in consumer)
Yes.