[Fedora-directory-users] errot on replica: the replica has the same Replica ID

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Dec 18 14:32:08 UTC 2007

Elisa Pellegrini wrote:
> Hi!
> I try to configure multi master replication and I follow instuction on
> the administration's guide.
> I have two supplier server A and B in read-write replica
> My problem is the following error messages on the supplier A:
> Unable to aquire replica:the replica has the same Replica ID as this
> one. Replication is aborting.
>
> Why?
> the guide say that I must have a different replica ID for each suffix
> and every server must have a different replica ID
> So I use ID=1 for supplier B (the consumer) and ID=2 for supplier A .
> I use the replication agreement only in supplier A.
I guess you are referring to
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/replicat.html#1027091

Technically, since the database is the unit of replication, and usually
there is one suffix per database, the protocol requires that each suffix
have a different replica ID on each server.  But in practice it is
easier to just assign a unique replica ID to each server and use that ID
for each replicated suffix from that server.

The error message is pretty clear - you have a duplicate replica ID.