[Fedora-directory-users] replication with certificate

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Dec 18 15:46:34 UTC 2007

Elisa Pellegrini wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm trying to configure multi-master replication with ssl and
> certificate.
Are you trying to use certificate based auth instead of
username/password auth?  You do not have to use cert based auth.  You
can use TLS/SSL with username/password.
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:CertMapping
> In replication agreement I specified the name and 636 port for server
> B but it's impossible to modify supplier server A port (389).
The name for the agreement will usually be host:nonsecureport.  But you
should be able to tell it to use SSL and specify the encrypted port,
although that will not be reflected in the name of the agreement.