[Fedora-directory-users] admin command lines for Fedora DS

dandantheitman dandantheitman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 20:00:53 UTC 2007

Hey Guys,

I Sys. Admin a small office of about 50 users and we have 6 linux
boxes and 2 openBSD boxes.  I am currently using NIS for management.
Am in the process of looking at moving from NIS to LDAP and after some
'googling' it seems that Fedora DS would cover all of my requirements.

I have installed the fedora DS and have manually (via the ds gui)
added a few users.  I would prefer however to get away from the GUI
and perform everything from the command line.  Thus far I have not
found any command line admin stuff.

Can you guys give me a hand with this stuff - or give me a pointer or
2.  I am looking how  to do the following:
* create groups
* add users
* add users with posix attributes,
* disable accounts.
* change passwords

you know the basic sort of stuff.  I have taken a look on amazon and
oreilly but cannot see any Fedora DS specific books.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan