[Fedora-directory-users] authentication linux users via Fedora directory server

Yoram Kahana yoram.kahana at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 08:21:20 UTC 2007

Hi

My goal is to authenticate our users via the Fedora directory server (FDS
7.1).
The users OS is RedHat entrerprise linux 4, update 4.

I have started with openldap and everything works fine. Using the same
clients configuration file (exept changing the HOST to the fedora directory
server IP) i have fail to authenticate users to the FDS.
I created two users (via the console) and define the posixaccount parameters
as well.
I also failed to add new users via ldapadd using prepared ldif file.

I have a feeling that i miss somthing with the bind authentication. Maybe
somthing related to the why Fedora relate to the passwd (md5,Sha.....).

Any idea?

Thanks in advance
Yoram