[Fedora-directory-users] Admin console's default view is empty

Noriko Hosoi nhosoi at redhat.com
Fri Feb 2 02:04:41 UTC 2007

Oscar A. Valdez wrote:

>El jue, 25-01-2007 a las 09:45 -0600, Oscar A. Valdez escribió:
>

>>I'm running fedora-ds-1.0.4 on FC5. The server starts normally
>>with /opt/fedora-ds/slapd-pendragon/start-slapd, and serves ldap queries
>>normally.
>>
>>However, when I start-admin or restart-admin, and then startconsole
>>(with the J2RE properly in my $PATH), I can log into the console, but
>>it's "Servers and Applications" tab is empty. The admin-serv logs don't
>>record anything out of the ordinary.
>>
>>I'll appreciate help in getting my console back to work.
>>

>How can I get the console to bind properly to the DS? Is there some way
>to reconfigure it?

Was it working before?  Could you tell us what's been changed since
then?  Two things I'd like you to try....  When you log into the
console, what user do you use?  E.g. "admin" or "cn=Directory Manager"?
If you use "admin", could you try the Directory Manager?  (or vice
versa)  Does it change the symptom?  If you startconsole with "-D 9", it
dumps console logs.  Do you see any interesting messages in it?

Thanks,
--noriko